Looking for an Investor Real Estate Agent

Looking for an Investor Real Estate Agent

Architect · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2023 · 24 posts · 19 votes

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for recommendations of a good agent in the Bay Area who has experience with investment properties in the Bay Area, specifically rehab properties. My goal is to use an FHA203k loan to buy a property, rehab the home, and do either an attached or freestanding ADU to convert it to a multi-family property where I can House Hack for a year before refinancing into a conventional loan. I would prefer an agent who has experience using this loan product because from what I can tell it is very nuanced and many are not familiar with it.

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

0Reply
7 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 243 posts · 246 votes
    3y

    Hey Brian! I would recommend Jennie Lok and her team in the Bay Area! They have a lot of investor experience (house hack, BRRRR, Airbnb, etc.). Let me know if you'd like an intro!

  • Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 18 votes
    3y

    BTW I am an ADU dork and can answer any questions you have about ADUs in the Bay Area. I set precedence in San Mateo Co (this Building and Planning dept is downright malfeasant) by getting a tiny house installed as an ADU.

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I am an investor friendly agent in the bay area. I researched a few ADU companies. Rentthebackyard, abodu, Studio shed. I am using studio shed for my ADU in the Bay Area.

  • Real Estate Agent · Oakland, CA · Member since 2021 · 30 posts · 15 votes
    3y

    Hi @Brian Batista - Did you find an agent? I'm curious what part of the Bay you're interested in, price range, and level of rehab that you're looking for. 

    I've been house hacking a duplex for years and know a number of ADU builders and options in the Oakland area. Feel free to message me if you'd like to chat and / or are still looking for an agent. (I'm with KW in Oakland.)

    Susie

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.