Looking for a Mobile Home Park Mortgage Broker

Looking for a Mobile Home Park Mortgage Broker

Investor · Member since 2021 · 113 posts · 56 votes

Hi BP'ers,

My partner and I own mobile home parks. I want to see if the BP community has any recommendations for a great mortgage broker for mobile home parks. Appreciate any recommendations. Thank you!

-John

0Reply
1 views

Most Popular Reply

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

@John Boutros You may want to check with your local manufactured housing association. In the past, I've found them to be a good resource for market insight and referrals. 

Hope that helps! 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @John Boutros You may want to check with your local manufactured housing association. In the past, I've found them to be a good resource for market insight and referrals. 

    Hope that helps! 

  • Investor · Member since 2021 · 113 posts · 56 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Rachel H.:

    @John Boutros You may want to check with your local manufactured housing association. In the past, I've found them to be a good resource for market insight and referrals. 

    Hope that helps! 


     Thank you, I'll check with them!

  • Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    John,
    I can assist you with your MHP deal(s), but would need to assess all the factors. Can you please email me your scenario?

    Thanks - 

    Criton Capital, LLC
    Joe Alonso – Manager

    12508 W. Atlantic Blvd
    Coral Springs, FL 33071

    Tel: 786.210.5557 | Fax: 786.228.0884

    [email protected]

    www.critoncapital.com

  • Summerville, SC · Member since 2018 · 553 posts · 252 votes
    3y

    @John Boutros

    hey John.

    Traditionally, this is more challenging than getting loans for other multifamily asset classes. Most banks won’t lend on them.

    Just went through this process on a small 5-unit MHP. Out of about 20 banks consulted, only maybe 3 would consider it. This included local banks and CUs. Out of the 3 only 1 would seriously consider. The other 2 showed obvious signs of trepidation and only minimal interest in my deal.

    Long story short, it definitely helps if you have all TOHs, paved roads, asset stabilization, and near-full occupancy. Strt your conversations asking if they are familiar with MHPs - if not a confident “yes” then you know the score. That will save your time and theirs.

  • Marty JohnstonPro Member
    Lender · Wauwatosa, WI · Member since 2016 · 571 posts · 204 votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Boutros:

    Hi BP'ers,

    My partner and I own mobile home parks. I want to see if the BP community has any recommendations for a great mortgage broker for mobile home parks. Appreciate any recommendations. Thank you!

    -John


     Hey John, happy to help as well! I'm a mortgage broker and have helped a number of investors secure financing for mobile home parks, both bridge or long-term financing options. I'll send you a DM to connect!

  • Real Estate Agent · Luray, VA · Member since 2016 · 459 posts · 293 votes
    3y

    Hi John,

    What price range are you looking for parks?  We may have some recommendations depending on the size and quality.

  • Lender · West Berlin, NJ · Member since 2015 · 308 posts · 27 votes
    3y

    I have a hard money lender that fund Mobile Home Parks.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.