A review of my 2013.

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Don't forget to include me in your 2014 accomplishment. Instead of selling Minh a house in Colorado, how about buying Minh a Diablo. Nevertheless, I'll settle for a Tesla to save you some dough.

    TIA for your generosity. You're my agent for life.

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Congratulation @Mark Ferguson on 2013, and best wishes on 2014. If I don't get some concrete leads on houses to buy soon I may have to call you about the Greeley area market.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Account Closed Haha. I hope you plan on buying about 100 houses. You actually reminded me I needed to add that I drive a Lambo and Ferrari in 2013.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Jerry W. thank you! There definitely are less deals here than there were. I'm having a hard time finding rental number 9.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Mark,

    After reading your 2013 accomplishments, you make me feel such a slacker. I'm glad you got a good sense of humor with 3 non-performing tenants at this time. That's the right attitude though.

    With the housing market heating up and the chance of acquiring more doors in the next couple of years would likely be tough, is there a back up game plan for your buy and hold acquisition?

    I guess there's no deal for Jerry. :)

  • Rental Property Investor · AZ · Member since 2013 · 213 posts · 50 votes
    12y

    Awesome post Mark! I don't doubt for a second you'll achieve your 2014 goals. Uh, are you going to need a bigger garage?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Account Closed ,at least my tenants are paying something Although they are behind.

    I have a lot of different things going on so it isn't the end of the world if I don't buy as many long-term buy and holds as I want to. If I have to I am willing to invest in other markets and possibly notes.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Account Closed Thank you! One of my long-term goals is to build a shop in the backyard at some point. For now I am planning on putting a lift in one of the stalls to allow for two cars in one stall. Then I can also work on them easier as well! Not that I do too much work, but I can handle a few things.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Great post Mark! You are an incredibly driven dude - I feel totally inadequate...:(

    Good for you!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Thank you @Ben Leybovich

    I keep telling you guys, its not me its my staff. Set them up to do all the work and it gets much easier.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Mark Ferguson

    My staff are 4 years old - both of them. You think I can get 'em to do my marketing, prospecting, SEO, and Social ? :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Ben Leybovich yes, I've got my two year olds in training now.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.