Homeowner · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 9 votes
Hi everyone! BLUF: Looking for recommendations on general contractors or remodelers for exterior and interior work to include siding, windows, doors, bathroom, kitchen, long walks on the beach, etc.
Not new to lurking in the forums, but have recently acquired my first property this past summer in Milwaukee! I am still in the process of attempting to remodel, turning over inherited tenants, and stabilizing the property. While google is a great tool to find things, I am a little tired of getting remodel quotes from people who insist on showing me the latest and greatest in Amish craftsmanship for windows, doors, floors, etc. and their 27 different little models they drag with them even after expressing my intentions up front. If anyone has recommendations for people they have worked with, I'd appreciate the help! I look forward to being more involved with the BP community and providing my own 2 cents of value when I can!
Lender · San Diego · Member since 2023 · 216 posts · 209 votes
3y
I don't have any contractors in the MKE area, but I do have some suggestions.
1) RE Agent's that work with investors. They can be a great resource for contacts.
2) Local REI meet ups.
3) Home Depot usually has recommendations. Go early in the morning and get business cards.
4) Call local contractors that have their contact info on their trucks when driving around town. This usually means they will be a tad cheaper since they don't have a marketing budget.