Looking to hire a new builder to complete the new building

Looking to hire a new builder to complete the new building

Real Estate Professional · Cumming, GA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes

Hi All,

I have a home under construction for a long time with a builder , they have been dragging their feet too long ..now that it has come to certain shape ( about 75%) done ..all it needs is drive way, landscaping and some internal work( electrical connections, carpets and patching). I like to get this thing done as soon as possible.

I am wondering if someone can refer me to some good contractors who can pick up this stuff and be done with it.

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 306 posts · 122 votes
    2y

    Hi Venkat, are those items that were supposed to be done by the original builder? If so, it would complicate things quite a bit with permits etc to switch builders mid-job. As slow as they have been, it might still be best to stick it out with them until completion. 

    If you have a need for a long-term loan after completion, let me know. 

  • Real Estate Professional · Cumming, GA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Hi John,

    Thanks for your response.To be honest with you 
    , I have been stuck with this builder for 2.5 years now. They have been slow and sluggish , but it would have costed more if I fired them before.

    Now I think it is time to let them go because they are trying to ask for more money due to their slowness which already costed me more time. If you have any GC who is willing to pick up the job and finish that will be great.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.