Can anyone recommend someone to help with a 1031 exchange?

Most Popular Reply

Dave FosterBusiness Member
Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchanges · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 9k+ votes
2y

Hi Laura,

There are several good QIs here on BP.  You can check their references by looking at their profiles and talking to folks who have actually used them. We are also a nationwide QI. I just responded to your pm and colleague request as well.  We can continue our dialogue outside the forum.

The 1031 Investor5137 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave FosterBusiness Member
    Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchanges · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    2y

    Hi Laura,

    There are several good QIs here on BP.  You can check their references by looking at their profiles and talking to folks who have actually used them. We are also a nationwide QI. I just responded to your pm and colleague request as well.  We can continue our dialogue outside the forum.

    The 1031 Investor5137 Reviews
  • Realtor · Decatur, GA · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 92 votes
    2y

    I used the 1031 Investor and had a great experience. Highly recommend. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Catskill Mountains of NY · Member since 2023 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    2y

    Thank you!! I am going to connect with Dave!

  • Real Estate Broker · Kansas City Metro · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    I just sent you a message Laura. I can help you find a 1031 exchange replacement property. 

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    2y

    Dave helped me complete my first 1031 exchange just a few months ago. Super smooth transaction. 

    Thanks again Dave. 

  • Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    They are easy to mess up.  Try to not make too much of a rushed decision, they put you in a time crunch.  I should have paid the tax, it worked out but i created another job for myself.

  • Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    Also highly recommend Dave and The 1031 Investor, based on personal experience working with them. 

  • Investor · SC NC, VA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    2y

    Like others recommend, Dave has been involved in my 1031’s for a few years.

  • Real Estate Agent · Catskill Mountains of NY · Member since 2023 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Alex Olson:

    I just sent you a message Laura. I can help you find a 1031 exchange replacement property. 


     Thank you Alex, we already have one!

  • Columbia, SC · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 190 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Laura Krukowski:

    I am in Upstate, NY. Looking for someone to help with a 1031 Exchange....Thanks!

     I too used @Dave Foster - just finished up my first part of the exchange yesterday. Very smooth process.

  • Member since 2023 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    2y

    Usually, and that how it was historically, the high supply of houses could slow down the seller's market. When there are more houses available for sale, it can increase competition among sellers, leading to potential price reductions as buyers have more options to choose from.
    However, various factors can influence the real estate market, such as economic conditions, interest rates, and buyer demand, so it really impossible to state that this formula will always work.
    The best way it to consult with a real estate professional in your specific area (because the situation differs per state, per county and often is even per specific sort basis) for a more accurate assessment based on the current market conditions and how potential future scenarios will impact your specific area.
    I strongly recommend to work with the following 5 types of professionals to ensure that you have successful 1031 exchange:

    1. Qualified Intermediary (QI): A QI is a third-party facilitator who assists in managing the process and ensures compliance with IRS regulations.

    2. Real Estate Agent/Broker: An experienced real estate agent or broker can help you identify suitable replacement properties and negotiate purchase agreements.

    3. Tax Advisor/CPA: A tax advisor or certified public accountant can provide guidance on the tax implications of a 1031 exchange and help you navigate the complex rules.

    4. Real Estate Attorney: A real estate attorney can review contracts, ensure legal compliance, and provide overall guidance throughout the exchange process.

    5. Financial Advisor: If you're considering reinvesting your exchange proceeds, a financial advisor can help you make informed investment decisions based on your financial goals and risk tolerance.

    Feel free to reach out to me if you have more questions in this, I’m here and always happy to help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.