Handyman Services for Property Managers and Agents

St. Paul, MinnesotaWantProfessionalsContractor
Classifieds

Handyman Services for Property Managers and Agents

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hi All, 

I have a couple questions as I am looking to work with property managers and agents in my area as a handyman. 

Outside of slowly scaling my real estate business I own/operate a handyman business based out of Hudson, WI. I am looking to connect with people/companies who could use my services around the Minneapolis / St. Paul area. I would like majority of my business to be with property managers and real estate agents as I love the quick turnaround that is usually required, rather than bathroom remodels and building decks that would keep me on one project for weeks. I have only been in business for one year, but I have been in facilities maintenance in both residential and commercial settings for 10 years prior. 

I have put some folders together that I plan on physically handing out to property managers and agents in my area. These folders include all of my business info, contractor and hvac licensing, insurance info, list of services I provide, example invoice to show some of my pricing, and a move out inspection checklist. 

My questions are: 

1. What kinds of questions should I be prepared for from the people in these roles if I get the chance to meet with them? 

2. If you are in one of these roles, what would you be looking for or what are your expectations from a handyman? 

 Thank you!!

2Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bryon AndrewsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2018 · 201 posts · 104 votes
    2y

    Hey @Sam Webber just sent you a message. I think most managers and owners in the area are looking for someone who is responsive and can be trusted. If you are able to do those 2 things, you should be able to keep solid business.

    Bryon Andrews Real Estate51 Review
    View Page
  • Rental Property Investor · St Paul, MN · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sam Webber:

    Hi All, 

    I have a couple questions as I am looking to work with property managers and agents in my area as a handyman. 

    Outside of slowly scaling my real estate business I own/operate a handyman business based out of Hudson, WI. I am looking to connect with people/companies who could use my services around the Minneapolis / St. Paul area. I would like majority of my business to be with property managers and real estate agents as I love the quick turnaround that is usually required, rather than bathroom remodels and building decks that would keep me on one project for weeks. I have only been in business for one year, but I have been in facilities maintenance in both residential and commercial settings for 10 years prior. 

    I have put some folders together that I plan on physically handing out to property managers and agents in my area. These folders include all of my business info, contractor and hvac licensing, insurance info, list of services I provide, example invoice to show some of my pricing, and a move out inspection checklist. 

    My questions are: 

    1. What kinds of questions should I be prepared for from the people in these roles if I get the chance to meet with them? 

    2. If you are in one of these roles, what would you be looking for or what are your expectations from a handyman? 

     Thank you!!


    Hey Sam! Just sent you a message, interested in learning more
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.