Buying a property in Windsor, ONTARIO

WantProfessionalsAgent
Classifieds

Buying a property in Windsor, ONTARIO

Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 1 vote

Good morning, I'm looking for an agent in Windsor, Ontario, who can help me confirm if the property taxes are 2% of the value of the property. I'm getting pre-approved, and that's a question from the broker. Thank you.

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    2y

    Call the city and ask them.  The current property taxes should be listed on the listing.  The taxes are based on the assessed value of the home, while the sales price is on the appraised value-the two don't always match (usually the assessed value for taxes is a little bit lower).  If you are using a mortgage broker in the area, they should know the answer (rather than them asking you).

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto, ON · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Anabel Lop:

    Good morning, I'm looking for an agent in Windsor, Ontario, who can help me confirm if the property taxes are 2% of the value of the property. I'm getting pre-approved, and that's a question from the broker. Thank you.

    Historical tax rate.  

     https://www.citywindsor.ca/Documents/city-hall/taxes-and-***...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.