New Here! Looking for like minded individuals to learn from

New Here! Looking for like minded individuals to learn from

Member since 2024 · 7 posts · 4 votes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Frank and I am new here. A little bit about me: I am a school teacher and also coach basketball and baseball. I currently own a home on Long Island and have a decent amount of equity in it.
I have been diving head first into real estate investing podcasts and books. Real Estate has always intrigued me and I would like to start investing. I took an interest to the BRRRR method and would like to start to consider buying my first property.
I am very green in the space so I’m looking forward to learning and building the skills necessary before diving in. 

Well, nice to meet everyone!! 

0Reply
8 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 176 posts · 75 votes
    2y

    good luck in your journey; it is always very exciting to get started.

    I am always looking for a combination of knowledge and action. It seems you have been learning a lot about rentals; now is the time to make it happen.

    I have a portfolio of about 45 rental properties; the hardest is always the first.

    My suggestion is to start with one and keep going until you reach 10, to mee that's my sweet spot, where the entire portfolio is profitable. Of course, the more the better

    If you get one or 2 rentals over time, there is always something to repair, so it is hard to cash flow much money, but if you can over time keep adding until you reach 10 units or more, that's my two cents

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.