First time multi-family developer financing assistance. (New York City)

New York, New YorkWantProfessionalsLender
Classifieds

First time multi-family developer financing assistance. (New York City)

Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 2 votes

We own a 4000 sq/ft lot in Brooklyn, NY, where we plan to build a 10-unit multifamily condominium. We have received proposals from several experienced architecture firms and are currently pitching the project to reputable general contractors. The estimated budget for this project is approximately 3 million USD.

We are seeking financing to cover the construction costs. Our plan includes selling some units upon completion to generate immediate revenue. This will enable us to pay down a significant portion of the construction loan. Subsequently, we intend to refinance the remaining loan based on the reduced principal and the revenue-generating potential of the unsold units. The remaining units will be held as rental properties, with the rental income used to service the refinanced loan, ensuring a steady cash flow.

I don't have any experience in NYC's new constructions but I have recruited an experienced team of brokers, GCs, and architects. I have built a single-family home and a church in another state. How can get this project financed? Does anyone know reputable lenders that would offer this kind of loan? I'm looking for any feedback.

1Reply
22 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Simmy AhluwaliaPro Member
    Lender · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 200 votes
    2y

    @Joshua Mitchell - financing shouldn't be an issue. The roadblocks are going to be your MF/Condo build experience and also liquidity (which I don't know what you have). Even though you've built a SFH and Church, it's not MF.

    Will the GC JV with you on this deal (assuming this GC has a resume' of MF builds)?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.