Starting out, looking for low or no money down options.

Starting out, looking for low or no money down options.

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I am looking to begin my real estate investment journey. I have been doing research for a while and have been finding potential deals. Willing to do all the legwork, deal finding, and coordinating. Just looking for investment connections or advice in general as I have little to no capital to start with. Any and all input helps!

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 351 votes
1y

Maybe ask the new Facebook connections and they would know

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 351 votes
    1y

    Christopher Welcome to Bigger Pockets and good luck investing!! You have come to the right place to begin your investing journey.
    Have you looked into attending local meetings and joining Facebook groups?

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    I have joined several facebook groups but could not find any upcoming local meetups 

  • Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 351 votes
    1y

    Maybe ask the new Facebook connections and they would know

  • Realtor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Hey Christopher,

    In this market it will be very tough to find anything with no money down unless you are a Veteran. 
    With little money down, one very good option would be "Time to Own" by Ned Lamont. It's a program that assists you with closing costs & down payment assistance.
    The down side is that it does run out of funds and it takes about 45 days to close.

    The other downside is that with so many buyers coming to the table with cash and almost no contingencies, it's been really tough for first time homebuyers to purchase their first home.

    Now, I am not trying to discourage you. I just wanted to give you the current situation. It is still very possible to use the program to purchase a home. What I would recommend though, is to focus in building up your capital reserves. It doesn't have to be anything crazy, but every little bit helps.

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Ruben Aguilera:

    Hey Christopher,

    In this market it will be very tough to find anything with no money down unless you are a Veteran. 
    With little money down, one very good option would be "Time to Own" by Ned Lamont. It's a program that assists you with closing costs & down payment assistance.
    The down side is that it does run out of funds and it takes about 45 days to close.

    The other downside is that with so many buyers coming to the table with cash and almost no contingencies, it's been really tough for first time homebuyers to purchase their first home.

    Now, I am not trying to discourage you. I just wanted to give you the current situation. It is still very possible to use the program to purchase a home. What I would recommend though, is to focus in building up your capital reserves. It doesn't have to be anything crazy, but every little bit helps.


     I appreciate it! I always want the reality of the situation at all times. Sugar coating wastes my time! Still going to keep grinding until I make something work! 

  • Realtor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    I am actually a Realtor here in CT and I have helped a couple of people with this program.

    I'd love to help you as well. Please keep me in mind on your journey. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help you get answers.

    In addition, when you are ready I'd love to help you find your home.

    Here is more information on the program:

    https://www.chfa.org/homebuyers-homeowners/homebuyers/time-t...

  • Meriden, CT · Member since 2018 · 702 posts · 501 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Christopher DeCrescenzo:

    I have joined several facebook groups but could not find any upcoming local meetups 

     We have quite a few local meetups from @Brandon Rush, @Stephanie Cabral, @Ryan Luby, @Devin Peterson, or CTREIA is another good one to attend.

    There are also people that teach, Owner Financed, Subject To, Novation, etc which are opportunities with little money out of pocket.

    I'd be happy to talk more about any of this with you.  If interested, DM me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.