Rental Property Investor · West Covina, CA · Member since 2021 · 68 posts · 23 votes
Hello BP members, I hope I am posting my question in the correct category, this seemed to be most fitting.
My family and I own a janitorial services company. We clean all types of commercial buildings as well as some assisted living homes. We want to expand our services to other companies and offer them any cleaning services they need. Thankfully, I have a background in real estate investing and that is how I am aware of BiggerPockets.
We are focused on building relationships with people that are interested in our cleaning services. We want to focus on assisted living homes, Air BnB’s, & commercial real estate buildings. Our goal is to target clients that need a consistent cleaning schedule. My questions is, how can we get in front of people that own these businesses or commercial buildings so that we may offer our services?
I know there are many property managers on BiggerPockets, so what would be the best way to market towards these people?
Miguel, as with anything - good services, marketing, and networking. You need a stellar reputation so that when the marketing and networking put you in connection with those needing your services, you will be primed and ready to dive in. Make sure you costs are competitive and then start putting yourself out there. While a bit older, my clients have recently had a surprising amount of success by simply knocking on doors and offering a free example of services. Then you're in the door and can pitch!
Note: This information is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, tax, financial, or investment advice. No attorney-client, fiduciary, or professional relationship is established through this communication.
China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
1y
See if your local library has access to Data Axle. That's a database of businesses that you can set your criteria, search and download.
Your filters should be: - Your service area by zip code, map selection, town name, etc. - Contact Title: Owner, CEO, President, etc. Or whomever you think is the right contact person's title. - Gross sales: I'd suggest looking for accounts that are not too big for you, so maybe gross sales under $10M - but season to taste.
Then download all of the fields you need - contact name, business name, address, etc. Build your mailing list. Send out postcards, call and door knock. Doing that B2B is a lot easier than B2C.
See if your local library has access to Data Axle. That's a database of businesses that you can set your criteria, search and download.
Your filters should be: - Your service area by zip code, map selection, town name, etc. - Contact Title: Owner, CEO, President, etc. Or whomever you think is the right contact person's title. - Gross sales: I'd suggest looking for accounts that are not too big for you, so maybe gross sales under $10M - but season to taste.
Then download all of the fields you need - contact name, business name, address, etc. Build your mailing list. Send out postcards, call and door knock. Doing that B2B is a lot easier than B2C.
Good luck!
Hey Charlie, great advise! Thank you so much I will definitely be getting started on this asap