Experienced GC, seeking Midwest Partner for 6-12 Units

Experienced GC, seeking Midwest Partner for 6-12 Units

New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 4 votes

Hi BP community,

I’m seeking a local operator or partner in the Midwest (Kansas City, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, or similar landlord-friendly markets) to team up on 6–12 unit value-add multifamily properties.

What I bring to the table (this is my edge):

  • 20+ years in construction and property renovation
  • Former licensed General Contractor in New York City and California
  • I have personally overseen, managed, and built full gut renovations, brownstone conversions, additions, and high-end residential projects
  • I own a complete professional tool setup—effectively everything needed to renovate and rebuild a multifamily property from the studs out
  • I can self-perform or direct subs in all major trades, including:
    • Carpentry (rough + finish)
    • Plumbing
    • Electrical
    • Tile + flooring
    • Drywall and finishing
    • Windows, doors, framing, insulation
    • Masonry + concrete repair
    • Exterior carpentry, decks, fencing, roofing repairs, waterproofing
  • Comfortable handling full unit turns, kitchens, bathrooms, common areas, cap-ex items, and building-wide system upgrades
  • Can act as GC + Project Manager, including:
    • Scope of work, budgeting, scheduling, inspections, permitting, hiring/firing subs, quality control, materials procurement, and pushing timelines hard

Bottom line: I can take a neglected 6–12 unit building and drive the renovation from Day 1 to stabilized, rented, and refinanced, efficiently and at a cost level most investors can’t touch.

What I’m looking for in a partner

  • Local to the Midwest or deeply connected
  • Has or can create deal flow (brokers, wholesalers, PMs, lenders)
  • Strong at acquisitions, underwriting, and closing
  • Can help manage tenants and boots-on-the-ground items
  • Interested in doing multiple deals, not one-offs

Target deal profile

  • 6–12 units, value-add, mom-and-pop, under-managed, dated interiors, deferred maintenance, below-market rents
  • Landlord-friendly states and stable working-class tenant base
  • Strategy: Acquire → Renovate fast → Increase rents → Stabilize → Refi → Repeat

Why I’m a good partner

I’m not a beginner, not a theory guy, and not looking to be “carried.” I solve the biggest pain point in BRRRR/value-add multifamily: execution. I can improve units fast, protect your budget, increase NOI, and help us scale with momentum.

If you are strong in finding deals and operating locally, we should talk. The synergy is real: your market + my execution = faster turns, smoother projects, better margins, and repeatable wins.

If this sounds aligned, reply here or DM me and we can set up a call.
Looking forward to connecting with the right person.

1Reply
55 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Josh C.Pro Member
    Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo

    @Bjorn Brandt

    Are you planning on moving to these markets to GC?

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    11mo

    I'm currently between two jobs in Palma and Berlin - I go where opportunity takes me :)

    I can be anywhere in the States if it makes sense.

    Whatsapp:+49 174 68 232236  

    Cheers,

    Bjørn

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.