Looking for Crew for Major Duplex Renovation

Looking for Crew for Major Duplex Renovation

New to Real Estate · Bryn Mawr · Member since 2023 · 19 posts · 25 votes

Hi everyone! I recently came across a duplex that I was interested in. The house has a solid foundation but is in need of a complete renovation. There is a lot of demo involved and it needs all new walls, floors, kitchens, and bathrooms. I have a few contractors I’ve worked with in the past that are great, but this is too large of a scale for them. If anyone has anyone they recommend I reach out to for a quote, I would greatly appreciate their information! Thank you

0Reply
83 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8mo

    I am not from the Pittsburgh area so I don't know contractors. However I do have a blueprint that can carry over to many markets.In my experience it is usually best to talk to a good General Contractor about this as they will know where to steer you. The other thing that might be helpful is to look at companies who do this kind of work on a commercial scale. They tend to be more willing to do bigger jobs, but you may find them charging more to do the work. In any case remember to take the best bid based off of what you're offered and the price then pay them according to the percentage of completion on the work. I have also found it helpful to give contractors what you would like done in writing along with pictures as they are legally obligated to do the work to your satisfaction. Hopefully this helps and doesn't give too much information.

  • Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    8mo

    AJ,

    I wanted to touch base after seeing your post. I work as a landlord consultant in Pittsburgh and my company has a sister company that does construction! We have contacts for large and small-scale renovations as well as property management. Reach out or send me a DM and I'd be happy to discuss more! 

    412-991-2100

  • Investor · Beaver, PA · Member since 2011 · 29 posts · 37 votes
    8mo

    Hey AJ, 
    What part of Pittsburgh? 

    It's tough to find solid crews here. I've seen quite a few out-of-state people come in and attempt flips and have nightmares dealing with contractors here. But... there are good ones. Just gotta be careful and patient for the right one. 
    The contractors you've worked with before don't have any recommendations?? That's where I would start. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.