Hello, I am looking for someone in South Jersey preferably Cumberland County. I am in desperate need of a mentor who is knowledgeable in the BRRRR strategy! I am eager to get started and all I need you to do is comment under this post and I will reach out to you. I am ready to learn and take action.
Lender · Grasonville, MD · Member since 2025 · 70 posts · 16 votes
8mo
Hi Isaam, here are two networks in your area to join and meet with to help you gain knowledge in the BRRRR method strategy:
1. South Jersey Real Estate Investors Association (SJREIA) – One of the larger, established real estate investor networking & education groups in South Jersey with monthly meetings, guest speakers, and networking time for investors of all levels.
2. South Jersey Real Estate Investor Network – Another investor group focused on networking, deal education, and connection building. They host live events and have a community of local investors and professionals.
Specialist · USA · Member since 2024 · 279 posts · 130 votes
8mo
You can get rolling with BRRRR in Cumberland County but the fastest way is to pick one buy box and run the numbers hard before you shop contractors or lenders. Today you should pull 10 recent sold comps and 10 current rent comps in the same pocket and build a simple deal template with ARV rehab budget and expected refi value so you know your max allowable offer. Quick checkpoint is you want after repair value times 0.75 minus rehab to be at or above your all in cost, and you still need rent to cover PITI plus management plus maintenance after the refi. Most beginners blow up the deal by guessing rehab or stretching ARV.
What is your target price range and how much cash do you have for purchase and rehab, and are you planning to live in it or keep it as a rental from day one? Let's DM for more detail.