Wholesaler · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 0 votes
I'm doing a land deal in Wirt County, WV (rural acreage) and need a title company or closing attorney comfortable with a same-day double close. Anyone have any recommendations?
Attorney · 10451 Mill Run Cir #755 Owings Mills, MD 21117 · Member since 2024 · 483 posts · 177 votes
4w
Quote from @Kevin Morris:
I'm doing a land deal in Wirt County, WV (rural acreage) and need a title company or closing attorney comfortable with a same-day double close. Anyone have any recommendations?
@Kevin Morris, from working around real estate closings, I’ve learned that with a same-day double close, I would confirm more than just whether the title company handles them. I’d want to know how they handle the A-B and B-C transactions, whether separate funding is required, and whether their title underwriter is comfortable with the structure. I’ve seen deals get delayed because those details were not confirmed early.
Since this is rural land in West Virginia, I’d also make sure the closing attorney reviews the contracts and title before you get too far into it. Since you’re in Virginia and working on investor deals in the region, I’d be glad to stay connected. I’m licensed in Maryland, so anything specific to West Virginia should still be handled by WV counsel.
Wholesaler · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 0 votes
4w
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. We’re actually working through those exact questions with a WV title company now, including whether they can use the end buyer’s funds for the A-B closing or if we’ll need transactional funding. We’re also having them review both contracts before we get too far along. Definitely glad to stay connected.
Wholesaler · Charleston WV · Member since 2026 · 243 posts · 132 votes
4w
In West Virginia, you really want a local attorney in the county where the property is located.
We are an attorney state, and a lot of our counties are rural. Not everything is available online, so sometimes someone physically has to go to the courthouse and pull records.
If you have a property in Kanawha County but your attorney is all the way in Martinsburg, that can create problems. They may have to travel several hours, they may not know the local courthouse, and they may not know how that particular county handles things.
That local knowledge matters. I would find a real estate attorney or closing attorney who regularly works in the county where the property is located.
Lender · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2011 · 57 posts · 39 votes
3w
Kevin, we fund a lot of double closings. We have funded a few rural land deals with Catrow Law PLLC. The are in Martinsburg. Ask for Kerri Smith. 304-579-1211 Ext. 101
Wholesaler · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 0 votes
3w
@David Cruise , Thank you for the info! We have found a title company that will work with us but we will need funding. Would you want to set up a call to see if its something you're interested in?