San Jose 4-Unit Infill Project — Seeking Builder/Developer

HaveProfessionalsOther
Classifieds

San Jose 4-Unit Infill Project — Seeking Builder/Developer

Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I'm looking for an experienced builder or developer to acquire a partially completed 4-unit infill project in San Jose, CA, on a short timeline.

Project Overview — 374 S 21st St, San Jose, CA 95116

- Approximately 8,000 SF R2 lot

- 4 units totaling approximately 3,929 SF upon completion

- Existing 1BR/1BA (~780 SF): completed and currently rented

- New 2BR/2BA ADU (749 SF): completed

- Planned duplex: two 3BR/3BA units (~1,200 SF each); plans substantially complete and approaching permit approval, with construction not yet started

- City and design fees paid to date

- Projected completed sellout / ARV: approximately $3.2M across all four units (seller estimate, subject to buyer verification)

The construction loan matured in May 2026. Due to capital constraints, the planned refinance was not completed, and the lender subsequently recorded a Notice of Default.

I'm exploring a near-term as-is sale to a builder or developer who can complete the duplex and potentially capture the remaining development upside. I'm also open to discussing a transaction involving the existing financing, subject to lender approval and applicable requirements.

If you're a direct buyer, developer, or investor with experience in San Jose infill projects, please send me a private message.

I can share the pro forma, plans, current permit status, construction budget, loan payoff information, and other due-diligence materials with qualified parties.

Serious inquiries and referrals are welcome.

0Reply
78 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · San Francisco Bay Area / Northern California · Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1d

    Hi Nicole. I think the loan maturity, NOD and pending permit approval make the timeline and payoff details important. My questions would be..are you currently represented,what as-is price or minimum net are you targeting?, and is there a lender deadline the buyer needs to work around? I'm a Bay Area real estate agent. If you're open to professional help, I'd be glad to review more and see whether I can help or point you toward the right local development specialist.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.