How do you vet the truth on BP?

How do you vet the truth on BP?

Real Estate Professional · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 109 votes

Me?  I just say what I HAVE.  

Whether or not what I have will deliver the goods, so to speak,  is on the parties.  So how do you vet the parties? Or any one you may believe to be a prospect?

IMO, you dont.  In a public forum as BP, they will vet themselves. Q/A.

When I started here I had a quit claim deed for $10K where the seller agreed to pay me $500. ARV 60 -$80K. Lost out. Prospect went behind my back.... IMO he got bought out for 0-$500.00. Seller did'nt like the color of his tie., or something like that-- wife's decision. We both lost. I learned, $500.00 can make another cross you. Vetting themselves.

The second, was a $1.9M dollar SFR portfolio in NC. Seller offered me $40K for introduction of a purchasing buyer that converted. His broker was offering it at $2.3M. In any event $40K sounded good too me, even with a split 3 ways. Seller and I had an agreement.

To this day, I believe I got beat out of $40K.  The member, can't raise his head here, or on any other site I visit.  No, I am not vindictive. Rather, he taught me something.  Taught me about the Master Fee Agreement, which led me on to other people,  which the very word led me to other investment opportunities, how to get them done., etc. Many things that others pay way more than $40K to learn.  Cost me zip.  But he nor his organization can ride or attend something I begin again. Not going to happen.... I'd rather go to the bank than court. Vetting.  I know and knew exactly what I had in round 2.  

This is round whatever # fits.  

How do you vet the truth on BP?  Do you need documents to establish a center in possible transactions?With me,  if one is needed it will be mine before a seller's or buyers name is released. Every single piece of real estate in this country is a matter of record, i.e., public info.

Me? I have my contacts as stated thru out period. Vetted and proven to be true.  I had to learn in  a way that met my personality.  I am not sociable,  so when I post something, insofar as possible buying and selling assets, I generally have my side covered.  They have been vetted, or will be.  

So how do you vet the truth on BP?  Mine has been the truth.  I HAVE.   

0Reply
0 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 158 posts · 49 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed 

    Are you making a living trying to introduce a buyer in Location A to a seller who has a property which you have never seen in location B?  Thx

  • Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 158 posts · 49 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed Cool. Best of luck. 

    Since you spend so much time trying to put buyers and sellers together have you considered becoming a licensed agent? Seems like a natural fit for your interests.

    I only bring this up because I see that you post in many threads where someone is trying to sell a property. You mention your contracts, large buyers, buyers' need for a different investment than the subject, etc. I envy your diligence but seems to me like you might be swimming against the river with this strategy. I think you might be scaring off a lot of sellers with this approach but what do I know. If you are seeing results than more power to you.

     I know this all does not relate to the topic so I apologize for that. Just some observations on your posting from the months I've been here @ BP.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.