In search for a mentor in Houston TX

WantEducationMentor
Classifieds

In search for a mentor in Houston TX

Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 1 vote

My name is Orlando De La Parra and I'm 21 years old. I'm a prospective Real Estate Investor. I have an Associates in Liberal Arts from HCC and I'm currently pursuing a Bachelors in Criminal Justice. I want to start a real estate investment company, but I would like a mentor to teach me the in and outs in real estate. My mentor will receive a percentage out of every successful deal that is made. If you are in the Houston area please don't hesitate to contact me

0Reply
5 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2009 · 178 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    Hello 

    I'm not in the area but  I do coach

    people. The best way to get started

    is to learn how to do it without using 

    any money or credit.

  • Property Manager · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2012 · 51 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    Go to your local REIA most can be found on Meetup.com and ask around and find a mentor, someone who actually knows your market, ask for recommendations. Avoid the Flip this House HGTV marketing machine selling you a magic box of goodies for upwards of 40k. I mentor new investors in the New England area and hear "I wish I had met you before I spent all of my money" they get caught up in the smoke and mirrors and want answers so badly they buy in and come out more confused, frustrated than ever. Find a reputable mentor in your area and hire them to consult with you one on one! Best of luck to you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.