Time to help out a fellow BiggerPockets Member...

HaveService
Classifieds

Time to help out a fellow BiggerPockets Member...

Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2011 · 139 posts · 101 votes

BP - 

One of our fellow BP Members, @Shawn Duncan, has been diagnosed with cancer at 23 years young.   I have worked with Shawn on 5 or 6 flips over the last 18 months and can tell you first hand this kid a class act and will fight through this.  Unfortunately we all know treatments are extremely expensive and I am sure Shawn and his new wife would love our support.  They have set-up a GoFundMe account to donate online: 

GoFundMe

Additionally - I am working with Shawn to determine if he could use some help on his latest flip so he has one last thing to stress about.  I will keep BP posted but this would likely be in the form a 'free labor day' down in Anderson, IN.  Full disclosure I am the private lender on this deal but I have already told Shawn I am going to drop the interest / fees down to where I don't make a dime so he has a few extra bucks to fight this disease.

Thanks again for any support and I can't wait for Shawn to be back pounding the pavement for many more deals together in the future!

2Reply
5 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Noblesville, IN · Member since 2014 · 35 posts · 10 votes
11y

Thank you so much for the kind post Craig. I would appreciate any Prayers or Financial help from the members. This isn't the easiest thing I've been through but I will fight it and win! 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Noblesville, IN · Member since 2014 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Thank you so much for the kind post Craig. I would appreciate any Prayers or Financial help from the members. This isn't the easiest thing I've been through but I will fight it and win! 

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 195 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    Prayers to you Shawn.

  • Lenexa, KS · Member since 2015 · 206 posts · 53 votes
    11y
    Prayers are happening for you, stay strong!
  • Investor · Noblesville, IN · Member since 2014 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Thank you @Brandon Holley and @alex Harris for the Prayers and support. They are greatly appreciated!

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 114 posts · 20 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Shawn Duncan:

    Thank you @Brandon Holley and @alex Harris for the Prayers and support. They are greatly appreciated!

     Sorry to hear man.  I tweeted out your campaign to get some retweets going.  I hope you raise enough money soon.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.