Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 145 posts · 47 votes
Hi, my name is Miguel Dormany and am looking to begin my Real Estate quest here on Biggerpockets. I am looking to venture into Multi-Family homes in the Tampa, FL area. I was born and raised there, but now live in Italy. I want to purchase some Multi-Family homes and then get into Apartments in the near
future. I'm looking for a Commercial Broker there in the Tampa area to become a team and help one another. Please advise here or via email.
Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 145 posts · 47 votes
10y
@Colin G Murphy thank you. Do you think that posting an ad in this forum seeking an investor agent/broker would be best for me seeing that I'm looking for a 2-4 unit multi family home in the Tampa area?
You´re welcome. Despite BP being a terrific source of information and a great starting point, it is unlikely that a 10% cap multi family investment in Tampa will arrive in your Biggerpockets inbox.
It is not 2011 anymore and you have to work very hard to get your hands on a great deal. In my experience (and bear in mind that I live overseas like you), that means looking outside the retail stuff on MLS / Loopnet and focusing on property auctions, direct marketing, and putting a lot of time and energy (i.e. months and years) into building relationships with local brokers and investors.
Either way, get in the habit of analysing at least one opportunity per day so that you´ll recognise the great deal when it lands on your desk. Hopefully you will get lucky and secure a property that matches your criteria without all the hassle described above, but the odds are against you.
Commercial Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 216 posts · 86 votes
10y
Thanks for the mention @Colin G Murphy. @Miguel Dormany, Colin is right you can still find 10% on class C-D properties in the area, but they are not dropping from the sky. Class C+ and better...not likely....it is very tough.