Help Me Find a Fixer Upper to Live In in Phoenix

Help Me Find a Fixer Upper to Live In in Phoenix

Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2008 · 44 posts · 8 votes

Hi,

I just quit my corporate job after purchasing 5 assisted living facilities and making more cash  from them. I am in the process of moving my family from Minneapolis to Phoenix. I am in Phoenix now and they will be moving down in late July/early August.

My wife agreed to us buying a fixer upper and moving in once we do enough renovations (if necessary) to make it livable. We should have about $100K to put down and I have an offer from another investor friend of mine to put another $300K into the deal as a 1031 exchange if necessary. He needs to find a home for his funds before the tax man comes.

It would be great to flip something after two years and take the profits tax free. Or if we use my friend's 1031 money, we could still make a bunch of cash even if we eventually have to pay tax. My wife really wants to live in the North Scottsdale/Cave Creek area.

Since I'm new to this market, I'm just starting my networking. I have a realtor who helped me find the Assisted Living Facilities, so I don't just need a realtor who will look through the MLS for me. I have that.

I'm hoping there are some investors or wholesalers out there who can find me a really good deal. One that they and I can both profit handsomely on.

Please feel free to PM or reply to this thread if you can help me out. I have excellent credit but I'm not sure how the banks will feel about not having a W-2 any more. Any kind of owner financing would definitely sweeten the deal.

Thanks.

2Reply
6 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2015 · 229 posts · 58 votes
    10y

    Hey @Hal Cranmer, would you mind referring me to the agent who helped you with the AL facilities? Thanks.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2008 · 80 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    @Hal Cranmer, I just wanted to congratulate you on building your real estate business utilizing the Assisted Living strategy. Excellent call!!

  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2008 · 44 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Kalonji Mitchell:

    @Hal Cranmer, I just wanted to congratulate you on building your real estate business utilizing the Assisted Living strategy. Excellent call!!

     Thanks @Kalonji for the kind words.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.