Two Deals That Need Funding Flip & House Hack

WantPropertiesResidentialMultiple Properties
Classifieds

Two Deals That Need Funding Flip & House Hack

Rental Property Investor · San Angelo, TX · Member since 2017 · 113 posts · 60 votes

Hello BP, 

I am an active duty Army Soldier (W2 Employee) looking to get started in real estate investing.  I thought I was bankable and getting financing through a bank would be a piece of cake, turned out to not be the case.  I have eight years of service with two left on my current contract (Aug 2018).  I was one step away from getting both of these deals under contract but was needing a pre-approval letter, that never happened.  

First Property (Flip) 1bd 1ba, 408 sqft; County Tax Appraisal $24,030, List Price $25,000

Agreed upon purchase price $15,000 plus all closing costs approximately $2,200 renovations $4,000-$6,000

Total Investment $23,200; ARV $30,000 or buy and hold for $500 monthly rent

Second Property (House Hack) Single family house with attached apartment

2bd 1ba, 1,026 sqft; County Tax Appraisal $50,540, List Price $105,000

100% move in ready with nice finishes, cathedral ceilings, washer and dryer hookup, large backyard, storage shed, and front porch. 

1bd 1ba attached,  460 sqft

100% move in ready nice finishes as well

Anticipated purchase price $95,000.  I would live in the 1bd 1ba side and charge myself $500 monthly rent which is what I am paying now for an apartment in far worse conditions than this one and rent out the 2bd 1ba side for $800 plus a $100 utility charge since they house and apartment does not have separate meters for water and electric.

Both of these properties are located in San Angelo, Texas and I am looking for funding for both of these.  The 1bedroom house the lender said the house is too much of a risk to lend on.  I am however able to get traditional financing for the House Hack, but it requires 15% down which I do not have right now.  So I am looking for other ways to fund these deals and get started, thanks for you time and feedback in advance.  I can obviously send you more information if you are interested in these deals.     

0Reply
6 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Greater Atlanta Area, GA · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Giovanny Garcia Thank you for your service. I would hate to leave this unanswered. Have you found any other properties yet? Why I ask.....your Cap rate on the first property is pretty low for the area ( you may want more for that risk, unless you section 8 it) . If you are adamant about the first deal, try to negotiate the numbers or just move to the next deal. There is such a small room for margin, the deal at these number will not yield you much profit. I don't do too much owner-occupied programs. If want to send me the numbers, If It makes sense we will consider 90% LTV [email protected]

  • Rankin, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hey Stephanie, what type of financing services do you provide, im always looking to connect with lenders for the west texas area, especially san angelo area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.