Looking for Duplex-Fourplex Home Builder in Oviedo/Orlando Area

Looking for Duplex-Fourplex Home Builder in Oviedo/Orlando Area

Investor / Sales Associate / Airline Pilot · Oviedo, FL · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 31 votes

My wife and I have been flipping homes as a side business. We want to acquire some multifamily rental properties but they are few and far between in Oviedo so we're considering building new. We've been looking at a few vacant lots zoned R-2 but having a hard time finding a custom home builder.  Can anyone give recommendations? Looking to buy the lots and start the process mid February. Thank you!

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 301 posts · 354 votes
6y

Hi Joshua - any luck on finding builders to build new multi's? I'm also in the central florida area and have an opportunity to build new duplex on a couple lots so starting to do this research now. Thanks! 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2016 · 226 posts · 140 votes
    8y

    I would suggest you call Tom Mosco Homes in Orange City.  He only does great work and is honest and a great guy.  I would definitely use him.

    I have seen many of his homes under construction in central Florida.  Let me know if you need his number.

    Also, I just saw pics of your Palmetto house.  You did a very nice job.  I saw the house before, and just didn't see the vision that you did there.

  • Investor / Sales Associate / Airline Pilot · Oviedo, FL · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 31 votes
    8y

    Thanks for info @James Barnhart. I'll give him a call. 

    Would you happen to know any lenders that would do an investor construction loan? Most lenders will only do owner occupied construction loans.

    Palmetto house took a lot more work than we planned but it's under contract and we're positive on it. Thanks for the kind words. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2016 · 226 posts · 140 votes
    8y

    I do not know those lenders.  But, a builder should know because they want those type of loans.

  • Real Estate Professional · Orange City, FL · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    I can 2nd Tom Mosco he builds a very nice home and I great to deal with. We work with him through our company Miller Window.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 301 posts · 354 votes
    6y

    Hi Joshua - any luck on finding builders to build new multi's? I'm also in the central florida area and have an opportunity to build new duplex on a couple lots so starting to do this research now. Thanks! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    I called Tom Mosco Homes and they stated that this can be done. I am actually looking into this as well in the Volusia Area and possibly Central Florida, but will need to make sure I find/locate a LOT while verifying zoning, etc.

    By chance, has Anyone had any luck? 

    Any Information is well appreciated, thank you all for your time.

     

  • Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    I found this old post in my search. Did anyone build anything with Tom Mosco? I am looking to buy and infill lot. I am looking for builder recommendations. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.