Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Luke Peake
Votes |
I know my weaknesses - looking for investment partner to help

Luke Peake
Posted Jul 13 2019, 12:45

This feels weird for me doing this post but I think it's better I admit where I am lacking and find someone to compliment those weaknesses, and hopefully form a solid partnership where we can build a very lucrative property portfolio.

What I can bring to the table:

• Extensive research and knowledge of real estate investing.
  • Analytical mind / software development company.
  • Have built my own custom CRM with literally thousands of MF properties, across SMF, MMF and LMF, as well as over 1,000 self storage properties. Most of these have owner details.
  • I am a digital designer and have already built own investment website, business cards etc.
  • Have made a spreadsheet of the most recession proof markets around the country, based on population, income, median house prices (and lots more factors) - most of these markets across Texas, Colorado, South Carolina and North Carolina. My list of properties are mostly in these regions.
  • Already have hundreds of postcards printed for mail outs.
  • Substantial savings for downpayment.

Why am I looking for a partner?

I tried to cold call people, I did it for a couple weeks, it was ok. But it's time to admit it's my weakness. I am a computer guy, so mostly prefer email and other digital forms of communication. I want to find a partner who is willing to pick up the phone and hustle, and I know that is not where my strength is. I want someone outgoing and extraverted who would spend the time calling potential sellers from the CRM I have built.

My CRM has thousands of off-market properties. Ideally I want to find a large MF (50+ units) in a solid market. However, medium MF properties, and even small MF is of interest to me. Just want to start building a solid portfolio with hopefully cash flowing properties.

The partner should also have investment funds ready to go, and we would equally source off-market deals and invest based on a split partnership arrangement.

I am located in Los Angeles, but soon may be moving either back to New York, or to Austin / San Antonio. Ideally would like a partner nearby so we can bounce ideas etc, however can make it work if it means jumping on a calls and then just meeting at prospective properties.

(As I write this post I am in Austin. I just spent 2 days driving almost street to street around San Antonio, then some towns on my way to Austin, now Austin, next Charleston and surrounding areas. As I go I am marking suburbs and streets which are appealing. Fly back to LA on Tuesday.)

Please go easy on me - I am a bit nervous doing this post!

Looking for

Loading replies...