Texas Banks that lend on 50-100 unit multifamily?

Texas Banks that lend on 50-100 unit multifamily?

Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes

The flipping business is doing well and we are looking to expand to some 50-100 class C multifamily properties in the Houston area and would like some recommendations on local banks and loan officers that are familiar with the market and creative financing using combination of private and conventional methods.

I plan to visit:
Vista
AFMB
Bank of Houston

Anyone have experience with these? Recommend a good contact at one of these or another institution?

Thanks,

Sam

0Reply
5 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2008 · 167 posts · 44 votes
    13y

    Sam -- have you checked with anyone at Lifestyles Unlimited? When I was in Houston their organization did a lot in the multifamily sector.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    13y

    Manesh Hardeo That's not a bad idea. I have not been to a lifestyles meeting before because i don't want to be sold something but that right there may be worth the price of admission.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y

    Sam, I don't know of any or have recommendations for the three you posted, but when you do get your answer, please do share, I am interested too.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    13y

    I will be sure to report back what i find.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    If you're willing to pay a broker you may consider contacting BMC Capital in town. They are quite good and can likely get you better terms that you'd get on your own unless you're willing to talk to tens or hundreds of banks.

    Greg Kunard may still work there. Try giving them a call.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the input Bryan I will reach out to BMC.

    What type of fees should I expect to pay for a good broker?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.