Newly Purchased 3 family in E. Providence, RI.

Newly Purchased 3 family in E. Providence, RI.

Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased my first investment property in RI. The house is in amazing condition according to the inspector. However, I want to be prepared for the upcoming winter. Does anyone have any recommendations for plumbers and plowers in the East Providence area? 

0Reply
12 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Buy and Hold Investor · Cranston, RI · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Marc Amedee a lot of folks have been asking around for plowers recently. The challenge is getting someone with the right insurance so that if there's a tenant slip and fall, you're covered under the plower's insurance.

    If you have a good relationship with your insurance agent you might ask them. I can recommend a few names to call too, but you'll need to check the insurance angle yourself.

    I can recommend some folks with plumbing skills but why do you ask? Do you have a significant plumbing project coming up, or do you just want to have a name on hand in case a tenant calls about a toilet backing up or heat not working? If the latter, depending on the system you can get good results too by calling an HVAC person rather than a plumber specifically.

  • Insurance Agent · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Marc,

    Many Condo Associations have set contract requirements for the Plow companies they hire.  The contracts/insurance requirements that have been designed to shift the Liability away from the Association and onto the Plow Company.   An attorney that represents Associations might be a good starting point to design your own requirements.

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Thank you for your response Anthony. Whatever lead you can give me regarding the plowers, I’m grateful. I just want to find someone I can establish a rapport with so if I do need a cleanup I know who to call. 

    As far as plumbing goes, I just want to be prepared in case something we’re to happen. I’m new to the area so I don’t want to find myself relying on just anybody. 

    Originally posted by @Anthony Thompson:

    @Marc Amedee a lot of folks have been asking around for plowers recently. The challenge is getting someone with the right insurance so that if there's a tenant slip and fall, you're covered under the plower's insurance.

    If you have a good relationship with your insurance agent you might ask them. I can recommend a few names to call too, but you'll need to check the insurance angle yourself.

    I can recommend some folks with plumbing skills but why do you ask? Do you have a significant plumbing project coming up, or do you just want to have a name on hand in case a tenant calls about a toilet backing up or heat not working? If the latter, depending on the system you can get good results too by calling an HVAC person rather than a plumber specifically.

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Thank you John. I’ll keep that in mind. I’ll try and get in contact with some associations. Maybe they’ll lend me a contact. 


    Originally posted by @John Mocker:

    Marc,

    Many Condo Associations have set contract requirements for the Plow companies they hire.  The contracts/insurance requirements that have been designed to shift the Liability away from the Association and onto the Plow Company.   An attorney that represents Associations might be a good starting point to design your own requirements.

  • Providence, RI · Member since 2018 · 81 posts · 25 votes
    4y

    @Marc Amedee Congratulations on your first purchase. I like the EP area a lot. My hometown. For a plumber I would recommend Matt. He has always given me fair prices on my property. 401-258-5069

    For my driveway I currently use 401-965-7446. They have been great on price. You would just have to call and check if they will come out to East Providence.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.