Carpet installation labor cost?

Carpet installation labor cost?

Rochester, MI · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 50 votes

What is a reasonable cost for labor to install carpet.

I was quoted $14.22 per yard from a carpet store and I removed the old carpet myself. That's $707.00 for carpet and pad that cost $1,160.00

0Reply
37 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    4y

    You can phone a few box stores in your area and ask for price with and without installation.  Pricing will vary by area, so that is going to give you a better idea.

  • Rochester, MI · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 50 votes
    4y

    @Theresa Harris

    Home depot labor cost is $49.99 for a whole house.

    I know they mark up the cost of the pad , but not that much. Crazy.

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Chad S.:

    @Theresa Harris

    Home depot labor cost is $49.99 for a whole house.

    I know they mark up the cost of the pad , but not that much. Crazy.

     $50 to install carpet for a whole house is crazy low.

  • Member since 2021 · 240 posts · 300 votes
    4y

    Just checked home depot's site now, free installation and removal of old carpet, includes stairs and moving furniture. As long as you spend $599.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.