Fort Myers Lehigh Acres Florida Renewal

Fort Myers Lehigh Acres Florida Renewal

Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 7 votes

My tenants are ending their lease at the end of Feb.  I have the Lease Renewal Form from the Book on Managing Rental Properties which I'm filling out.  Rents have increased significantly here but I like my tenants and want to keep them.  Current rent is $1650, and I'll send them a 3% increase on renewal, so about $1699.  How much do you typically raise for a 6 month lease renewal or month to month?  Fort Myers, FL

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stetson MillerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 423 votes
    4y

    Hi @Lynzie Mackey,

    At the end of a lease in this area, it's common to offer tenants the options to sign an annual, 6 month, or month to month lease. 6 month leases will come at a 10-25% premium, while opting for a month to month lease often comes at a 25-50% premium. All of these numbers can obviously be adjusted based on which proposed lease you ultimately want your tenants to sign

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    @Stetson Miller  Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.