Rental permit turnaround for STRs in Twentynine Palms?

Rental permit turnaround for STRs in Twentynine Palms?

Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 21 votes

Does anyone know what the turnaround time is for STR permits in Twentynine Palms? Was recently told by someone that the wait is currently around 4-months which is a very long time to have property sit vacant. Anyone have any insight around this?

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    I applied on Nov 16, still waiting. I called about 3 weeks ago and they were processing 1 a business day. However, the lady that was doing the processing is out on leave and they only did 1 in the last 3 weeks. Super frustrating. I would recommend 5-6 months of reserves if you are going into investing in STRs in the high desert right now. 

  • Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 21 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Betsy Ma:

    I applied on Nov 16, still waiting. I called about 3 weeks ago and they were processing 1 a business day. However, the lady that was doing the processing is out on leave and they only did 1 in the last 3 weeks. Super frustrating. I would recommend 5-6 months of reserves if you are going into investing in STRs in the high desert right now. 

    Wow, that seems like an incredibly long time to have a property sit vacant. Thank you for the insight 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.