Juan Sierra
  • Massachusetts
Votes |
Looking for recommendations for a property manager

Juan Sierra
  • Massachusetts
Posted Jun 30 2022, 12:56

Hi folks.

I am looking to acquire a 2-family home in the Amsterdam, NY area and I am considering using a property manager so that this is truly a passive investment.  Any recommendations, or warnings about which PM(s) to avoid?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Charles Carillo
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • North Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • North Palm Beach, FL
Replied Jul 1 2022, 07:22

@Juan Sierra

There really is nothing truly passive in real estate when you are purchasing properties yourself. Yes, hiring a property manager will make the investment semi-passive but you will still need to be part of the management; even if it is mostly on the asset management side (managing the manager). 

User Stats

Votes
Juan Sierra
  • Massachusetts
Votes |
  • Massachusetts
Replied Jul 1 2022, 09:48
Quote from @Charles Carillo:

@Juan Sierra

There really is nothing truly passive in real estate when you are purchasing properties yourself. Yes, hiring a property manager will make the investment semi-passive but you will still need to be part of the management; even if it is mostly on the asset management side (managing the manager). 

Charles, you are absolutely right.  I used "passive" too broadly.  I would imagine frequent touch point calls with the PM.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes