How do you respond to telephone inquiries?

How do you respond to telephone inquiries?

Real Estate Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 114 posts · 21 votes

While I know the information I want to know when someone calls about my property, I always stumble when first answering a call.

Me: Hello, How may I help you?

Caller: Yes, I'm calling about the house for rent?

At this point I sometimes state the # of bedrooms/bathrooms, monthly rent and deposit. Other times I may ask what I can tell them about it. If they are still interested it seems I get into a series of me asking questions or making statements about requirements. It feels like an interrogation.

How do you lead into the conversation after the initial "I'm calling about the house for rent?"

0Reply
103 views

Most Popular Reply

Dev HornPro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y

Me: "Hello, Randy Rental, at your service! Can I tell you about this beautiful new house we just finished rehabbing, which ended up costing $5K more than we budgeted?!"

Them: "Yes please"

Me: "First, a few questions... Do you smoke?"

Them: "Oh yes, like 1965 Chevy Impala with bad rings!".

Me: "And how about pets?"

Them: "Yes, we have a Doberman, 2 pit bulls, 6 cats, a gerbil and a lizard!"

Me: CLICK

Them: "Hello? Hello?"

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.