Pro Member
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Finding/Hiring Handymen and People In Akron to Make Rentals Ready

Joshua D.
Pro Member
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Aug 4 2022, 14:24

I'm reaching out to the bigger pockets community in hopes of meeting similar landlords/people who either have dealt with such issues while managing their own properties or perhaps someone with recommendations to help. I'm a new investor I have been purchasing rentals for the last year and a half. I have 18 units, across 16 properties now and in Akron/Cuyahoga falls.. I have a terribly hard time finding a well communicating / cost-effective handyman to do a lot of the minor cosmetic work to make my homes rent-ready when a tenant leaves. Often I find myself at the mercy of slow-moving contractor handymen that force me to leave homes sitting vacant. I currently have 3 homes vacant as we speak. (had 3 tenants leave at the same time)

Do you have recommended contractors in the area? 

Have you gotten to the point where maybe it's better to run a payroll along with subsided housing for someone that fits? It seems like trying to hire someone from Angi is impossible (because the handymen do a certain trade or task, or are unwilling to take on this job) and the costs are a little unreasonable.

I've considered trying to hire (with a payroll from Indeed) someone part-time,. I live in Los Angeles (though I have family there in Akron, but they're busy working full time as well).

Anyways, any professionals, and landlords over in Ohio that have any thoughts I would appreciate it. I'm learning as I go, and I appreciate meeting other people.

Loading replies...