Apartments.com -Not impressed, what is lag, time&how do get help?

Apartments.com -Not impressed, what is lag, time&how do get help?

Colleen F.Pro Member
Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes

I tried apartments. com this month for the first time. Most tenants pay directly by zelle but I am trying to get one tenant from sending checks because USPS delivery isn't consistent these days.   So she makes a payment and it says estimated arrival the next day, that was 5 days ago and I haven't received the payment.  I try to contact them and there is no number for payment help.  Ok so I email and I get the following message

"Thanks for contacting the Apartments.com Payments Support team! This email is to let you know that we received your request. Our team is working hard Monday through Friday, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please note, our response will be delayed a few days."

NOT IMPRESSED....  I appreciate they are upfront but starting with no phone and we are going to be delayed.

Now the delay in payment may be no issue and might be expected but the email and projected response time is an issue.

What is the typical lag time for a payment for those of you who use this service?  Does the receiving bank matter?



0Reply
33 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    Not impressed with any of those 'services'. I prefer ACH to the appropriate account and checks in our lock box.

  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    @Bjorn Ahlblad  I got one in 5 days and one in 3 days but definitely prefer no intermediary like apt.com. zelle is good but when they have a small credit union they get a small limit per transaction.  They actually did call me back from apartmens.com but it was a bit disconcerting see the expected reciept day pass by several days and not recieve the payment.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.