Agent lying about property

Agent lying about property

Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 8 votes

Does anyone have experience with an agent lying about the state of utilities at a site unseen property. I am a first time investment property owner from Hawaii investing in North Carolina. I was told my HVAC and plumbing was brand new, but after closing and getting a renter into the property found out that the HVAC needs to be replaced and the plumbing is so clogged up that the toilet won’t flush. Now, I’m paying thousands of dollars out of pocket to remedy these issues. Is there anything I can do to keep my agent accountable for his lies? Any advice will help, thank you.

1Reply
136 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y

Did you do inspections or have someone there to do so? Also any SD's provided by the seller? HVAC should have been tested during inspections. I'd also always recommend scoping the sewer and evaluated the plumbing during inspections. Seems to fall on your fault for not doing enough due diligence. Yes the agent needs to be accountable but I'd never take their word on the systems of a property. 

See this reply in the discussion

51 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Nazareth, PA · Member since 2014 · 46 posts · 17 votes
    3y

    As an agent I stay in my "lane"  Always refer to a professional in whichever field is necessary. Law, Roofers, Plumbers, HVAC etc

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.