Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 50 posts · 31 votes
Just had sheriff come and lock up the property after eviction. The stove, fridge, washer and dryer belong to me. But the all the tenants belongings are still in the property and its real messy inside. Before I hire someone to remove all the junk, who can I use to check that all the appliances are working?
Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
3y
How about an extra $20 to the junk guy to see if food in fridge is cold, water in tap is hot, and the stove burners light up? Shouldn’t take them 5 minutes. They could bri an extra set of clothes to swap in to and wash and dry their dirty clothes if you want that tested too.
Rental Property Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2023 · 128 posts · 124 votes
3y
I would call either (a) an appliance tech, or (b) a local PM company that might be willing to go check things out for you for the right price. I run a third-party walkthrough service called We Do Walkthroughs that does exactly what it sounds like, but we're located in Youngstown, OH. If your property is in that area, feel free to reach out and we can certainly go take a look. Otherwise, I'd imagine those are your only two real options... unless you've got a similar walkthrough company nearby.
Honolulu, HI · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y
Aloha,
Why would you assume they do not work? Or are they clearly very old also? Is the power on for the unit? If so, just have the refer cleaned out and check if it is cold the next day. Other appliances should just be tested during your standard rental prep, I would not leave it up to the junk guy to determine if they are good or not...maybe he needs some appliances!