Is turbotenant a good site to use for screening tenants?

Is turbotenant a good site to use for screening tenants?

Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 19 votes

Hi,

I’m managing my own single family home and my current tenant is moving out next month. 
looking for a good site to use for having background and credit reports ran for future tenants. 
turbotenant seems like a good option. 
anyone have any thoughts or opinions on if this is a good resource?

0Reply
60 views

Most Popular Reply

JD MartinBusiness Member
Moderator
Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Jarrett Fogelman:

What are some other sites you use that are cheaper? Mainly just looking for a site that does all the background and credit checks. 


 I just gave you one - TransUnion Smartmove. I think it costs the applicant $40. You can also use Zillow which I think is even cheaper, but I'm not crazy about the way they put their report together. Transunion gives you the actual credit report, not just a score. 

Skyline Properties
View Page
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    3y

    It's pretty decent. I use TurboTenant (not completely) for managing and advertising and they do a reasonable job. It's a little on the expensive side for the tenants - I think it is now $65 for each applicant - so we tend to use one of our other resources if we've already got the potential tenant approved (we use TransUnion Smartmove). 

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 19 votes
    3y

    What are some other sites you use that are cheaper? Mainly just looking for a site that does all the background and credit checks. 

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jarrett Fogelman:

    What are some other sites you use that are cheaper? Mainly just looking for a site that does all the background and credit checks. 


     I just gave you one - TransUnion Smartmove. I think it costs the applicant $40. You can also use Zillow which I think is even cheaper, but I'm not crazy about the way they put their report together. Transunion gives you the actual credit report, not just a score. 

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Chad HalePro Member
    Property Manager / Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 779 posts · 301 votes
    3y

    @Jarrett Fogelman  Have a look at tenantalert.com  Not sure if they have a minimum unit count or other qualifying requirements?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.