Am I being too uptight in this situation?

Am I being too uptight in this situation?

Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2011 · 956 posts · 510 votes

My tenants are a couple - she calls me “hon”, He calls me “babe.”. Every time they do that , I mention my name is marci .
I like to maintain a professional profile which is why I correct them .
not a big deal. Just curious what you would do.

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
3y

I likely would not care if they were good residents.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:
    Quote from @Greg M.:

    Imagine that your life is so privileged that someone calling you "hon" is one of your biggest concerns that needs to be addressed. Not worrying about putting food on the table, or healthcare for your family, or having to go fight in a war to save your homeland, but rather someone innocently called you "hon". 


    First world problems. Thin skins. Privileged. Entitled. 

    It's where we are. my friend........sigh....


     Twitter and Tiktok is full of this everyday. It used not to be complicated two decades ago.
    Def. first world problem.

  • Rental Property Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 31 votes
    3y

    @Carlos Ptriawan. This isn’t a new Woke movement. Women have been subject to and fighting against this for years. It’s just the men are finally beginning to realize that women don’t and never have liked it. It’s inappropriate to behave like this in any professional setting. Bottom line is treat your business parters with respect.

    Fortunately, I have never had to deal with this as a landlord that self manages. I’ve rented to many men, some that are even single. They are polite and call me by my name, as they should.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.