Need Insurance Advice for California Rental Properties

Need Insurance Advice for California Rental Properties

New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 120 posts · 26 votes

Hi Landlords,

I'm having trouble finding insurance for my California rental properties. Most companies aren't taking new policies. Any tips or recommendations for getting coverage in our state?

Thanks,

RK

2Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Cameron MoorePro Member
Insurance Agent · DFW, TX · Member since 2021 · 348 posts · 245 votes
3y

Best advice... Get out of California. LOL I am kidding but insurance carriers are pulling out of CA at alarming rates. Best thing you can do is find an insurance broker that will shop each renewal to ensure you have the best coverage for the best cash flow. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2021 · 517 posts · 408 votes
    3y

    Hey Ramki, I'm a real estate broker and investor here in Sacramento (100+ Airbnb properties under mgmt) and it's true, insurance is really difficult right now. I've been using Safeco with success, and for short term rentals I use Proper. I can introduce you to Dayn, the Proper Norcal representative, if you go the STR route. 

    Good luck out there brother! 

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 120 posts · 26 votes
    3y

    Noah, I'd like to inquire whether Safeco offers landlord insurance policies. Thank you.

  • Scott ScovilleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 497 posts · 272 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ramki D.:

    Hi Landlords,

    I'm having trouble finding insurance for my California rental properties. Most companies aren't taking new policies. Any tips or recommendations for getting coverage in our state?

    Thanks,

    RK


    Hey Ramki, I'll send you my insurance brokers contact info. He insures all of my properties in Sacramento.

    Scoville Realty & Investments LLC
  • Real Estate Broker · Rocklin, CA · Member since 2020 · 221 posts · 82 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Scott Scoville:
    Quote from @Ramki D.:

    Hi Landlords,

    I'm having trouble finding insurance for my California rental properties. Most companies aren't taking new policies. Any tips or recommendations for getting coverage in our state?

    Thanks,

    RK


    Hey Ramki, I'll send you my insurance brokers contact info. He insures all of my properties in Sacramento.


     Have you tried AAA?

  • Chad HalePro Member
    Property Manager / Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 779 posts · 301 votes
    3y
    I heard recently Safeco was taking on new rental policies.  Better pricing if they also insured your personal home.
  • Cameron MoorePro Member
    Insurance Agent · DFW, TX · Member since 2021 · 348 posts · 245 votes
    3y

    Best advice... Get out of California. LOL I am kidding but insurance carriers are pulling out of CA at alarming rates. Best thing you can do is find an insurance broker that will shop each renewal to ensure you have the best coverage for the best cash flow. 

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 120 posts · 26 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ranjit Sandhu:
    Quote from @Scott Scoville:
    Quote from @Ramki D.:

    Hi Landlords,

    I'm having trouble finding insurance for my California rental properties. Most companies aren't taking new policies. Any tips or recommendations for getting coverage in our state?

    Thanks,

    RK


    Hey Ramki, I'll send you my insurance brokers contact info. He insures all of my properties in Sacramento.


     Have you tried AAA?


    yes, i did, so far i am able to get the quote from AAA (of course it's very expensive :) )
  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 120 posts · 26 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Scott Scoville:
    Quote from @Ramki D.:

    Hi Landlords,

    I'm having trouble finding insurance for my California rental properties. Most companies aren't taking new policies. Any tips or recommendations for getting coverage in our state?

    Thanks,

    RK


    Hey Ramki, I'll send you my insurance brokers contact info. He insures all of my properties in Sacramento.

    Thank you @Scott Scoville. Could you please dm me the contact details?

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 120 posts · 26 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Cameron Moore:

    Best advice... Get out of California. LOL I am kidding but insurance carriers are pulling out of CA at alarming rates. Best thing you can do is find an insurance broker that will shop each renewal to ensure you have the best coverage for the best cash flow. 

    Thank you @Cameron Moore. i am checking will local insurance agents. hopefully i will get reasonable quote from someone :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Various states · Member since 2021 · 55 posts · 34 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Scott Scoville:
    Quote from @Ramki D.:

    Hi Landlords,

    I'm having trouble finding insurance for my California rental properties. Most companies aren't taking new policies. Any tips or recommendations for getting coverage in our state?

    Thanks,

    RK


    Hey Ramki, I'll send you my insurance brokers contact info. He insures all of my properties in Sacramento.

     @Scott Scoville I'd also love the contact info for your insurance broker, thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.