Do you provide physical keys with Smartlocks for long-term tenants

Do you provide physical keys with Smartlocks for long-term tenants

Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 90 posts · 9 votes

Hi All,

I recently acquired a property that has a smartlock. I would like to avoid providing keys to the tenants and just have them setup and control the codes for access. Smartlocks are expensive, I hate to have to switch them out each time a tenant leaves because they have an existing key. Like to get feedback on this and how everyone is handling this. This is a for long-term rental, not airbnb/short-term rental situation. Thanks

0Reply
8 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    2y

    Do you have the ones that can be rekeyed with a special tool or ones with a code you punch in?

    I would keep it as simple as possible for you.

    Smartlocks requires batteries and that will be a problem one day when the tenant gets locked out because they wouldn't change the batteries.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.