Indiana - How many people in a 3 bedroom home

Indiana - How many people in a 3 bedroom home

Contractor · Valparaiso , IN · Member since 2013 · 604 posts · 327 votes

I have a tenant right now with his wife and 4 kids in a 1680sf 3 bedroom home. Recently one of his wives children moved back home, so now there are 5 kids and 2 adults.

I want to confirm I'm not in violation of any occupancy limits for the state of Indiana but I can't find any info searching the web.

Any info or links would be great, I may even call the city also. Thanks

0Reply
28 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Wheaton, IL · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    I know that HUD's rule is two people per bedroom, plus one extra person. So for a 3 bed that would be 7 people in total. I would say that you are in no danger of being cited, or otherwise hassled by anybody official.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Yeah, I think it's usually 2 per bedroom with some exceptions made for infants.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.