Use SMS or whatsapp to communicate with Tenants and Handyman

Use SMS or whatsapp to communicate with Tenants and Handyman

Lake Zurich, IL · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 3 votes

I have communicated with my tenants, handymen and contractors though phone calls, emails and SMS. It turns out the most efficient way is the short message, especially while I have a full time job.

I am thinking to use SMS or the application like whatsapp as the main communication tool. Hope to be the only communication channel in the future. Just want to see whether anybody has any experience. Any comment is highly appreciated.

0Reply
36 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2012 · 588 posts · 224 votes
    12y

    for communication with your tenant...if it got down to it, how would you admit SMS into evidence of a trial if needed? I know google voice makes that easy to track & print off, but don't know about other applications.

    A guy that mentors me and has an eviction business has always cautioned using txt for that reason. I think it is (almost) as easy using email and have preferred that method after his cautioning.

  • Lake Zurich, IL · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    That is a good point.

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    It's easy enough to extract off your texts to a file but can you prove that was actually written? It would be the same thing as proving emails.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I use txt for group communications and general check ins. I always follow up official comms with letters.

  • Lake Zurich, IL · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Agree. All official comms shall be letter or scanned copy. The txt is much easier for checking status.

  • Investor · Wheaton, IL · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    Texts are much easier to prove than a conversation. I still prefer email over everything else.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.