FHA rules does not allow one off discounts or negotiate lower rents?

FHA rules does not allow one off discounts or negotiate lower rents?

Aliso Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 0 votes

In my recent apartment search, I head this same exact quote from the leasing office when I tried to negotiate lower rents:

"FHA rules does not allow us to give tenants one off discounts or negotiate lower rents even if we wanted to"

I know about FHA rules and the protective classes but is there also a rule like this?

0Reply
22 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    12y

    I suspect this is bogus. Propbably a misinterpretation of the rules that has been spread around.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.