Tenant Defaulted on Court-Settled Eviction Agreement (Ocala, FL)
Hello,
In December 2024 I had to evict a tenant in Ocala, FL by going to court. This tenant settled in court with me where the he signed an agreement with me to the effect that he would pay 2 months rent that is due as well as the legal cost in 16 monthly installments. The tenant vacated after we reach the settlement in court and in turn, I dismissed the eviction per the court agreement . However the tenant has not paid a single installment till date (over the past 7 months). I have emailed them multiple times and of course there is no response.
Using this court approved settlement document that stipulates payment from tenant (former tenant), I reached out to multiple collection agencies and none of them are willing to take it. They say, they only work with corporates and property managers . The tenant also ruined my property and this cost about $2,000 in repair charges before I could put the property back on market. I really would like to go after this tenant and recover at least court stipulated payments (two moths rent and legal costs). In addition I have proof of damages in pictures and I have sent notices via email about damage costs of $2000 that I would like to recover from them.
I was nothing but kind to this tenant throughout the process however the tenant created a lot of problems. At this point I want to go after this tenant and garnish their wages or at least have an entry on their credit file that they did not pay a court settled order. What are my options here. Do you know of any lawyer or any agency that can help me with collection?
Thank you in advance for your pointers and suggestions
Sendil