Washer overflowing . The appliance guy did not show up

Washer overflowing . The appliance guy did not show up

Glendale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 236 votes

Hi guys, in one of my rentals the washer is overflowing. Is it something possible to fix?

Or should I buy a new one?


I tried to get and appliance guy in but one did not show up, the other one is booked for the next 2 weeks…

So before making the tenant upset by waiting for 2 weeks I figured I would ask here.

Because if it’s something that fixable, I don’t want to waste two weeks waiting and then paying the Appliance guy $100 for showing up and saying that it’s not fixable.

. Does anybody know by chance?

0Reply
102 views

Most Popular Reply

Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
11mo

it its the machine overflowing its a washer problem . If its the discharge pipe overflowing its a plumbing problem .

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    11mo

    it its the machine overflowing its a washer problem . If its the discharge pipe overflowing its a plumbing problem .

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    11mo

    If it’s literally overflowing out of the clothes washer it’s a bad sense. It’s going to cost you $300-$800. Buy a new one for $500-$600. 

    I assume any/all water has been cleaned up to prevent mold/warping. 

    Order a new one and have it delivered. 

    Otherwise as mentioned get a plumber out if it’s overflowing out of the pipe in the wall behind the appliance. 

  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Mary Jay:

    Hi guys, in one of my rentals the washer is overflowing. Is it something possible to fix?

    Or should I buy a new one?


    I tried to get and appliance guy in but one did not show up, the other one is booked for the next 2 weeks…

    So before making the tenant upset by waiting for 2 weeks I figured I would ask here.

    Because if it’s something that fixable, I don’t want to waste two weeks waiting and then paying the Appliance guy $100 for showing up and saying that it’s not fixable.

    . Does anybody know by chance?

    First I would straighten a wire clothes hangar and make a hook on the end. Then I would fish around inside the drain hose. Have a bucket ready, it will be messy. It's likely a sock that got clogged in the drain hose.
  • Glendale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 236 votes
    11mo

    Thank u guys so much!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.