The zillow credit score summary looks pretty off

The zillow credit score summary looks pretty off

Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 4 votes

Hello, all, 

First I use zillow rental manager to run tenant screening, it's been a few years with it, no complain so far.

Wonder if other landlords had the same situation: I found the applicant's public record from zillow rental manager credit report, like former addresses and former employers are from someone else's  (with same first and last name).  It shows a pretty good score at 700+ and now I start to suspect if the score itself is the correct one, and also wonder how reliable that the background check zillow does. 

What's the best tool on the market, free or paid, to run credit report and background check? Hope to get some thoughts here, really appreciate any input and insight!!

Thanks much,

Kevin

1Reply
126 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Denise SuppleeBusiness Member
    Realtor · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2017 · 979 posts · 643 votes
    8mo

    People in my  Facebook group have mentioned problems with Zillow as well. It’s generally fine for initial screening, but I wouldn’t rely on it alone for final decisions. Many landlords double-check with tools like TransUnion SmartMove or RentPrep to get cleaner identity matching and more reliable credit and background data.

    Spark Rental Co-Investing Club577 Reviews
    • Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 4 votes
      8mo
      Quote from @Denise Supplee:

      People in my  Facebook group have mentioned problems with Zillow as well. It’s generally fine for initial screening, but I wouldn’t rely on it alone for final decisions. Many landlords double-check with tools like TransUnion SmartMove or RentPrep to get cleaner identity matching and more reliable credit and background data.


       Thanks Denise!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.