Looking to put a new deck on my rental. 12x20 with a short set of steps. C class area. Is currently wood and needs totally redone. Looking to use a longer life material. Already got a few quotes. $18,600 for pvc and getting a full quote tomorrow on trex but it looks like it will be under $15,000. I have never had either and was wondering from someone that has went this route, is the more expensive the better option? I want to spend the money and never touch the deck again in my lifetime aside from a pressure wash every year
Both are fine but PVC is better if you get a lot of rain. Just make sure they use the hidden fasteners, deck tape the joists and flash the ledger board. Honestly as a rental I would go with Trex but make sure you do some research on what 'Trex' they use as it is somewhat of a catch all term. Avoid the uncapped variants as it is cheaper but fades with the sun.