How do you evict a homeless encampment on undeveloped woods.

How do you evict a homeless encampment on undeveloped woods.

Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes

One of my customers lives out of state , but he owns a 20 acre undeveloped parcel of woods near a low income area . Someone contacted him and told him there were 3 old travel trailers and about 10 tents set up about 200 yards in his woods .  I went and confirmed it . There were about 15 people there .  I told him I could put up new " no trespassing " signs for him , after that he could call the police .   " How does one evict from the woods ?

0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • William MurrellPro Member
    Investor · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2013 · 276 posts · 169 votes
    12y

    Let the cops/sheriff handle that.  They had a similar issue on some prime undeveloped land here in town, and that's what they did.  They'll show up and make them leave and then you don't have to worry with it.  I'd recommend you follow through with the "No Trespassing" signs too once they're gone.  Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.