Recommend Eviction Attorney in Washington State - Bremerton, Kitsap county

5 Replies

I have a problem tenant that's not paying rent.  Property located at Bremerton, Washington.  Nearby towns are Bremerton, Silverdale, and Port Orchard.  

Do you have a recommendation for an eviction attorney?  Ever worked with one located over there?  What was your cost?

I talked with Mageneson law firm over the phone.  For a typical eviction, it may be around $750.  1/2 hour phone consultation plus reviewing documents prior to phone consultation is $125.

John Mitchell on Kitsap Way in Bremerton, WA. Sanchez-Mitchell-Eastman I believe is the firm name.

John Kinney in Poulsbo, WA

landlordsolutions.com is often used in town, also.

@Stephanie Dupuis gives some good suggestions.  I use Jim Henderson with Landlord Solutions, he's great.  I'll also give a thumbs up for John Kinney as well, he's an excellent attorney.

Thank you all for the recommendations.  I will look into them.  

A bit of good news.  After serving 3 day pay or vacate to tenant, he mailed a cashier's check for this months rent.  I also sent out a late fee notice, for being late for the rent.  It's spelled out as such in lease agreement.

It's already Nov. 21, we'll see if the tenant will remember to pay on time.  Otherwise I'll have to charge late fee again.  Really don't want to do because stress a landlord has to go through, trying to decide whether to evict or not.

Originally posted by @Steve K. :

I have a problem tenant that's not paying rent.  Property located at Bremerton, Washington.  Nearby towns are Bremerton, Silverdale, and Port Orchard.  

Do you have a recommendation for an eviction attorney?  Ever worked with one located over there?  What was your cost?

I talked with Mageneson law firm over the phone.  For a typical eviction, it may be around $750.  1/2 hour phone consultation plus reviewing documents prior to phone consultation is $125.

Budget $800.  Our attorney specializes in landlord-tenant law and knows our court system very well. He charges a flat rate of $500 for his service, plus court costs, process server fees, Sheriff fees. If it goes all the way to Sheriff lock out, it adds up to about $800. Make sure the attorney you choose is a match for the jurisdiction that will be hearing your case.

Originally posted by @Marcia Maynard :
Originally posted by @Steve K.:

Budget $800.  Our attorney specializes in landlord-tenant law and knows our court system very well. He charges a flat rate of $500 for his service, plus court costs, process server fees, Sheriff fees. If it goes all the way to Sheriff lock out, it adds up to about $800. Make sure the attorney you choose is a match for the jurisdiction that will be hearing your case.

Hi Marcia - I saw this old post and am wondering if you could PM me with the contact info for your eviction attorney?  I have a friend in Vancouver that needs to begin eviction and it is his first in Washington.  Thanks!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.