Recommend Eviction Attorney in Washington State - Bremerton, Kitsap county

Recommend Eviction Attorney in Washington State - Bremerton, Kitsap county

Bellevue, WA · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 20 votes

I have a problem tenant that's not paying rent.  Property located at Bremerton, Washington.  Nearby towns are Bremerton, Silverdale, and Port Orchard.  

Do you have a recommendation for an eviction attorney?  Ever worked with one located over there?  What was your cost?

I talked with Mageneson law firm over the phone.  For a typical eviction, it may be around $750.  1/2 hour phone consultation plus reviewing documents prior to phone consultation is $125.

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Mike SumskyPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2012 · 116 posts · 61 votes
11y

@Stephanie Dupuis gives some good suggestions.  I use Jim Henderson with Landlord Solutions, he's great.  I'll also give a thumbs up for John Kinney as well, he's an excellent attorney.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2013 · 494 posts · 142 votes
    11y

    John Mitchell on Kitsap Way in Bremerton, WA. Sanchez-Mitchell-Eastman I believe is the firm name.

    John Kinney in Poulsbo, WA

    landlordsolutions.com is often used in town, also.

  • Mike SumskyPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2012 · 116 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    @Stephanie Dupuis gives some good suggestions.  I use Jim Henderson with Landlord Solutions, he's great.  I'll also give a thumbs up for John Kinney as well, he's an excellent attorney.

  • Bellevue, WA · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 20 votes
    11y

    Thank you all for the recommendations.  I will look into them.  

    A bit of good news.  After serving 3 day pay or vacate to tenant, he mailed a cashier's check for this months rent.  I also sent out a late fee notice, for being late for the rent.  It's spelled out as such in lease agreement.

    It's already Nov. 21, we'll see if the tenant will remember to pay on time.  Otherwise I'll have to charge late fee again.  Really don't want to do because stress a landlord has to go through, trying to decide whether to evict or not.

  • Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Steve K.:

    I have a problem tenant that's not paying rent.  Property located at Bremerton, Washington.  Nearby towns are Bremerton, Silverdale, and Port Orchard.  

    Do you have a recommendation for an eviction attorney?  Ever worked with one located over there?  What was your cost?

    I talked with Mageneson law firm over the phone.  For a typical eviction, it may be around $750.  1/2 hour phone consultation plus reviewing documents prior to phone consultation is $125.

    Budget $800.  Our attorney specializes in landlord-tenant law and knows our court system very well. He charges a flat rate of $500 for his service, plus court costs, process server fees, Sheriff fees. If it goes all the way to Sheriff lock out, it adds up to about $800. Make sure the attorney you choose is a match for the jurisdiction that will be hearing your case.

  • Investor · Wilsonville, OR · Member since 2014 · 59 posts · 51 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Marcia Maynard:
    Originally posted by @Steve K.:

    I have a problem tenant that's not paying rent.  Property located at Bremerton, Washington.  Nearby towns are Bremerton, Silverdale, and Port Orchard.  

    Do you have a recommendation for an eviction attorney?  Ever worked with one located over there?  What was your cost?

    I talked with Mageneson law firm over the phone.  For a typical eviction, it may be around $750.  1/2 hour phone consultation plus reviewing documents prior to phone consultation is $125.

    Budget $800.  Our attorney specializes in landlord-tenant law and knows our court system very well. He charges a flat rate of $500 for his service, plus court costs, process server fees, Sheriff fees. If it goes all the way to Sheriff lock out, it adds up to about $800. Make sure the attorney you choose is a match for the jurisdiction that will be hearing your case.

     Hi Marcia - I saw this old post and am wondering if you could PM me with the contact info for your eviction attorney?  I have a friend in Vancouver that needs to begin eviction and it is his first in Washington.  Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.