Flat fee Property management verses percentage base Property Management

Flat fee Property management verses percentage base Property Management

Lender · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 154 posts · 28 votes

Hi,

My name is Sohrab and I am from Houston TX. I Invest in rental properties and I want to expand my business as a property management company, when I research Houston market for management company I can find out two ways that campaign are marketing:

1- flat fee per month plus first month full rent (half will be for the tenant agent if exist)

2-percentage of the gross rent amount.

I want to know what people thinking about this, and get the opening to see which way is the better way to go.

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Sohrab,

    I am in the business and in Houston compensation for property management spans both spectrums.  % of gross rent collected certainly benefits you if your properties are on the lower end of the scale.  I've chosen a model that combines both.  % of rent collected capped at a certain amount.

    Chris

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.